In association with www.careers.govt.nz we will:
- identify career's that may suit you,
- help you make career or study choices now and along life’s journey,
- where possible, arrange a mentor to assist you with your career choice to help with your transition from professional rugby to a successful and prosperous life after rugby.
Let's get started...it's not difficult!
4. Skill Matcher
- Learn how your skills relate to jobs.
- Skill Matcher is a fast and easy way to get job ideas.
- Explore jobs for the skills you already have or are interested in learning.
- Discover the industries that your skills match with.
- Learn about the pay, entry requirements, and full range of skills for your job matches.
5. Talk to a career expert over the phone
- You can get advice from a professional career expert for free.
- They can help you to:
- make a personalised career plan
- gain confidence
- find work or training.
- Call for more information or to book your first session. Open from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- 0800 601 301
Talk to a Career Specialist at the NZRPA
If you would like to talk to someone to help you in your decision making then contact a Career Specialist at the NZRPA (free of charge):
firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 2368 381
Free consults via the phone, online or in person.
Create a LinkedIn account
These days, a LinkedIn account is your professional resume. The good news is that athletes have a great reason to start a LinkedIn page and it’s very easy to set up.
Most people use LinkedIn to connect professionally, grow their network, show off their resume and build connections.