Once you have completed the Career Guidance module then we can match you to one of very own mentors.
Mentoring is a developmental partnership through which one person (the mentor) shares knowledge, skills, information and perspective to foster the personal and professional growth of someone else (the mentee/the player).
The power of mentoring is that it creates a one-of-a-kind opportunity for collaboration, goal achievement and problem-solving. We all have a need for insight that is outside of our normal life and educational experience and that is where mentoring comes into its own.
A mentor is an experienced person from outside the mentee’s normal environment, who is there to:
- Help the individual (mentee) set and find ways to achieve their own personal objectives
- Act as a sounding board for the mentee’s ideas;
- Offer impartial, confidential advice and guidance;
- Share his or her broader business and life experiences with the mentee;
- Help the mentee access other areas of information, support and development.
Just a couple of things to remember about the programme:
- Driven by the needs of the player or former player. This is primarily for your benefit and is up to you to keep things moving.
- Is voluntary on the part of both participants.
- Focused on transitioning from playing professional rugby to the next stage of your life.
- Is broad in nature and may change over time.
- Requires a foundation of mutual respect and trust.